British Columbia’s Most In-Demand Jobs in 2022
If you decided to move to Canada in 2022, you’ve certainly done a lot of study on the various provinces and territories, as well as the advantages of living and working in each one. British Columbia is one of the most desirable destinations for competent international nationals (BC.).
Agriculture, Technology and Innovation, Manufacturing, and Construction are all-important market sectors in Canada’s westernmost province. Let’s take a look at some of the most in-demand positions in British Columbia, as well as the immigration paths that can get you there.
The BC Provincial Nomination Program (BC PNP) allows foreign workers with in-demand talents to gain permanent residency in British Columbia. The programme permits the province to nominate you and your family for permanent residence in the province. To be eligible, you must be a skilled worker, an overseas student, or an entrepreneur. If you have a sought-after ability, you can apply for a provincial nomination through one of many streams. These are for skilled workers:
BC Skilled Worker Express Entry
Express Entry BC is one of the fastest ways for qualified individuals to enter Canada. This category includes a wide range of jobs that fit into three skill categories: management (O), professional jobs (A), and technical jobs or skilled trades (T) (B). To be considered for an Express Entry nomination, you must first create an Express Entry profile, then acquire a job offer and have a minimum of two years of experience in either NOC A, O, or B.
1. BC Skilled Worker Express Entry
2. The Tech Pilot in British Columbia
3. Occupations in the Care Economy: Health and Childcare
What is a NOC Code, and what does it mean?
The National Occupational Classification (NOC) system is used by Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada (IRCC) to classify different occupations. Occupations are categorised based on their distinct responsibilities and skill sets.
Skilled Worker Codes for Express Entry in BC
NOC 0111 Financial Managers O – Management Positions
NOC 3012 Registered nurses and registered psychiatric nurses are professional jobs.
NOC 7251 Plumber (B – Technical Jobs and Skilled Trades)
Tech Pilot in British Columbia
Because British Columbia is Canada’s digital hub, it’s no wonder that competent people who are both innovative and educated are in high demand. The BC PNP Tech Pilot allows tech enterprises in BC to hire foreign tech talent in tech jobs that are in demand in the industry. Foreign employees and international students can earn a road to permanent residency through this programme, allowing them to contribute to the economy.
Since its launch in 2017, the pilot has helped over 6000 tech professionals gain permanent residency, and it continues to raise the flag high in support of the burgeoning tech sector. To be considered for this Pilot, you must have a job offer from a British Columbian company or institution that is valid for at least 12 months.
The Tech Pilot In-Demand Jobs in British Columbia are listed below.
PNP Tech Job Codes in British Columbia
- 0131 Telecommunication carriers managers
- 0213 Computer and information systems managers
- 0512 Managers – publishing, motion pictures, broadcasting and performing arts
- 2131 Civil engineers
- 2132 Mechanical engineers
- 2133 Electrical and electronics engineers
- 2134 Chemical engineers
- 2147 Computer engineers (except software engineers and designers
- 2171 Information systems analysts and consultants
- 2172 Database analysts and data administrators
- 2173 Software engineers and designers
- 2174 Computer programmers and interactive media developers
- 2175 Web designers and developers
- 2221 Biological technologists and technicians
- 2241 Electrical and electronics engineering technologists and technicians
- 2242 Electronic service technicians (household and business equipment)
- 2243 Industrial instrument technicians and mechanics
- 2281 Computer network technicians
- 2282 User support technicians
- 2283 Information systems testing technicians
- 5121 Authors and writers
- 5122 Editors
- 5125 Translators, terminologists and interpreters
- 5224 Broadcast technicians
- 5225 Audio and video recording technicians
- 5226 Other technical and co-ordinating occupations in motion pictures, broadcasting and the performing arts
- 5227 Support occupations in motion pictures, broadcasting, photography and the performing arts
- 5241 Graphic designers and illustrators
- 6221 Technical sales specialists – wholesale trade
Jobs in the health-care economy
- 0311 Managers in healthcare
- 3011 Nursing co-ordinators and supervisors
- 3012 Registered nurses and registered psychiatric nurses
- 3111 Specialist physicians
- 3112 General practitioners and family physicians
- 3113 Dentists
- 3122 Chiropractors
- 3124 Allied primary health practitioners
- 3125 Other professional occupations in health diagnosing and treating
- 3131 Pharmacists
- 3132 Dietitians and nutritionists
- 3141 Audiologists and speech-language pathologists
- 3142 Physiotherapists
- 3143 Occupational therapists
- 3144 Other professional occupations in therapy and assessment
- 3211 Medical laboratory technologists
- 3212 Medical laboratory technicians and pathologists’ assistants
- 3214 Respiratory therapists, clinical perfusionists and cardiopulmonary technologists
- 3215 Medical radiation technologists
- 3216 Medical sonographers
- 3217 Cardiology technologists and electrophysiological diagnostic technologists, n.e.c.
- 3219 Other medical technologists and technicians (except dental health)
- 3221 Denturists
- 3222 Dental hygienists and dental therapists
- 3223 Dental technologists, technicians and laboratory assistants
- 3232 Practitioners of natural healing
- 3233 Licensed practical nurses
- 3234 Paramedical occupations
- 3237 Other technical occupations in therapy and assessment
- 3411 Dental assistants
- 3413 Nurse aides, orderlies and patient service associates*
- 4151 Psychologists
- 4152 Social workers
- 4153 Family, marriage and related counsellors
- 4212 Social and community service workers
Care economy: Childcare Jobs
- 4214 Early childhood educators and assistants
Additional Job Openings
- 3114 Veterinarians
- 3213 Animal health technologists and veterinary technicians
If you’ve found your dream career on the list of in-demand jobs in British Columbia above and are ready to make the move to Canada, you’re making one of the best decisions of your life. Remember to look at all of your options thoroughly to ensure that your employment fits the NOC code and that you select the best and most convenient immigration path for your profession.