Career prospect in Japan – Guide for International Students ready to immigrate to Japan

Are you an international student planning to study in Japan, Europe, USA, UK? What are your main goals for studying abroad? Do you have an employee, current higher education student who wishes to pursue further study in Japan, or are you a high school student wishing to enter Japan as part of an exchange program.

Your views may vary as an international student depending on your area of ‚Äč‚Äčinterest, goals, priorities, and even immigration issues which may be unique in each of your home country. This guide will give you a clear idea on how to plan and apply for Japanese university admission for your preferred degree and major.

Preparation of the application

A college admissions officer may or may not be of help to you depending on your time and level of understanding of the application procedures and guidelines for a study abroad program in Japan. The Ministry of Higher Education in your country can help you give sufficient information about available scholarships or financial aid for the chosen program.

Another institution that you should apply for is your current school or university. You can also inquire about private services for a study exchange program of less than one year in Japan. If you are currently working, ask your company if they offer graduate studies or even doctoral studies in a foreign country, especially Japan.

Know your sources of funding. Will you be funded by your parents, sponsored by a relative abroad, paid by the company or with a full scholarship from cultural missions or a scholarship? Will the funds be fully sufficient for the duration of your studies in Japan to complete your degree program? Does it include food, accommodation and other expenses?

Apply for admission to a Japanese university

Japan is not an English-speaking native country, so you need to learn basic Japanese language as a language requirement to study in Japan. The EJU or the Japanese University Admission Examination is what mainly concerns international graduate and postgraduate students who apply for admission to Japanese University.

Passing the EJU gives you a better chance of admission. Other requirements include the essay for admission to your desired study program at a particular university, student CV, passport, transcript with the required GPA, letters of recommendation, financial guarantee and any other certification that relates to the desired study program.

Some applications are made online but the required documents or even the application fees are sent directly to the university by mail or regular postal service to prove the originality and authenticity of your documents.

Concerns after request

You should wait around 4-6 weeks to get the result of your application from the university and program of your choice. You will then be informed by mail of the status of your application. If you are admitted, the university will send you an acceptance letter with immigration instructions for your Ryugaku or student visa. You must confirm acceptance of this visa by going to the embassy and have your visa stamped on your passport after paying the required fees.

You can now organize a trip to Japan. Make sure you have everything you need to travel to Japan. You should also book a hotel online so that you have a place to stay when you arrive at the airport.

Related Articles

Back to top button