Working in Canada: Temporary Work Permit for Caregivers in Canada
If you do not fit the qualifications for permanent residency as a carer, you can still work in Canada as a temporary worker. You can also extend your work visa through the Temporary Foreign Worker Program (TFWP) if your employer provides a positive LMIA. A valid LMIA indicates that your employer is entitled to engage a temporary foreign worker if the position cannot be filled locally.
Through the TFWP, you can apply for a new work permit as a carer.
- You can do so if you are currently in Canada and believe you fit the requirements for a work permit:
- You can apply for a new work permit if you are outside of Canada and your company has applied for an LMIA.
Please keep in mind that you can only apply to this programme if you already live and work in Canada. If you are outside of Canada, IRCC will not offer you a temporary permit.
As a result, before applying for these immigration pathways, candidates should double-check their eligibility and confirm they fit the occupation qualifications. Contact one of our Regulated Canadian Immigration Consultants (RCICs) for programme advice and recommendations based on your experience and other considerations.
How to Obtain a Work Permit
Step 1: Obtain a genuine job offer and a favourable LMIA from your employer.
Step 2: Once you’ve obtained your LMIA, you must decide whether to apply within Canada, outside of Canada, or at the port of entry. Other possibilities will be presented to you, such as whether you are a Ukrainian national, if your post-graduation work permit has expired, or if you are a different type of worker.
Step 3: Obtain a work permit in Canada and apply online. You can also rely on our Regulated Canadian Immigration Consultants (RCICs) to assist and help you through the process.
High-demand Caregiver jobs in Canada
If you want to live and work as a carer in Canada, you need to know how the job market is right now and what your chances are of finding a job as a carer in Canada. According to Canada Job Bank, here are some active jobs for carers that are currently available:
- Family Caregiver Salary: $20.00 to $22.00 hourly for 40 to 45 hours per week.
- Child Caregiver – Private Home Salary: $15.65 to 18.00 hourly for 40 hours per week.
- Home Support Caregiver – Seniors Salary: $1,200 to 1,280 bi-weekly for 35 to 40 hours per week
- Family Caregiver Salary: $14.25 hourly for 40 hours per week
Best Advice for Canadian Job Applications
- By looking for a job in the appropriate locations, you can make your job search easier. Make sure to do your study on the provinces or areas that are currently in need of carers. Although we are not a recruitment agency, our immigration experts can help you select the finest province because they closely follow the most recent news and developments regarding Canadian immigration.
- Depending on the position you’re looking for, employee placement firms can assist match you with relevant positions in Canada. Families in Canada have faith in these organisations to manage the complete placement procedure. Keep in mind that since you must do this, the agencies are unable to apply for your work visa on your behalf. But you may be confident that this is being handled properly with the aid of our RCICs.
- Caregiver candidates with formal training and work experience are more likely to be hired by Canadian employers and employment agencies. Don’t forget to ask your previous employers for recommendations and update your resume with references who can be reached.
Keep in mind that if you decide to work with Canadianvisa.org, we will compile your curriculum vitae for you, including a list of your prior experience and the applicable NOC codes.
Caregiver Immigration to Canada
The most qualified candidates are those who meet all requirements and submit comprehensive applications on time. In order to assure quicker and more fruitful outcomes, CanadianVisa.org specialises in helping our foreign clients with their visa and immigration applications. While we are unable to find you employment, by crafting your CV in accordance with Canadian standards, we can assist you increase your chances of receiving a job offer.